SOLIDWORKS World Day 1: Big Announcements
It’s that time of year for SOLIDWORKS World 2018. Thousands of engineers gathered in Los Angeles for the biggest and most exciting conference around. After the usual registration process and some delicious scrambled eggs for breakfast, I battled through the lines to get to the general session. This is where the excitement begins!
Gian Paolo Bassi, CEO of Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp., made quite a grand entrance in the “Moveable Feast” designed in SOLIDWORKS by Two Bit Circus. This definitely caught the attention of the entire crowd! He also set the agenda for the entire 3 days by talking about the forward direction of SOLIDWORKS.
During the intro, Mr. Bassi compared the current times to be similar to the Industrial Revolution and the Printing Press. “The next revolution is Digitization and collaboration of information.” he went on to talk about 5 key announcements.
- 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services: For Initial Concept Generation.
- SOLIDWORKS 3DEXPERIENCE PLM Services: Collaborate and Manage the life of part generation
- SOLIDWORKS Product Designer: Fully Integrated from Art to Part
- SOLIDWORKS xDesign: powerful design software that works in any browser.
- 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace: The Amazon for Mechanical Engineering Parts. Vendors for manufacturing from all over the world can set up their capabilities here. Buyers can find safe & trusted vendors, negotiate prices, and get their parts delivered to their doorstepThe goal is to increase the services SOLIDWORKS provides for more seamless integration
Deemed the “CAD in the cloud”, XDesign is browser-based allowing you access to CAD anywhere, anytime, and on any device. You’re no longer tied to your OS which means no heavy laptop and power brick. You can use on the iPad, MS Surface or Chrome Book.
Sneak-Peek at SOLIDWORKS 2019
- When saving assemblies as part files users will have more options to include: automatically excluding hardware, saving mass properties, and more easily excluding specific components.
- Users will be able to lock references from the feature manager, very quick and easy process.
- The biggest news is all about SOLIDWORKS Visualize. A new technology has been created and is called “De-Noising.” This allows you to speed up rendering times 10x. Pretty BIG if you ask us!
GoEngineer Customer Party!
Thanks to our customers for coming out and celebrating YOU at Lucky Strike! Our team is already looking forward to getting started on planning for next year’s special event.