This macro is used to add custom properties to SOLIDWORKS and designlibrary components.
- Place the CreateCustomProperty folder extracted from the CreateCustomProperty.zip file in any desired location.
- You can review the macro by selecting Tools > Macro > Edit and navigating to the .swp folder contained in the CreateCustomProperty.zip file
This file will add custom properties SOLIDWORKS parts, assemblies, drawings, and library feature parts such as weldment profiles. This will apply this property to all the files in a directory as well as any files found in sub directories.
- Run the Macro by Selecting Tools > Macro > Run > “CreateCustomProperty.swp”
- Once the macro initiated the user will be given a message box asking for the custom property and value for that custom property.
- Enter the property and value into the fields provided and choose “Add Custom Property”
- The user will then be presented with a second window to navigate to the folder to apply this to.
- Once Ok is selected the macro will add the custom property to the files in the folder selected and all sub folders of that parent folder.
- This will apply to all parts, assemblies, drawings, and library feature parts.
The software/macro/customization is supplied “as is” and all use is at your own risk. GoEngineer disclaims all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to the features and functionality. Neither this agreement nor any documentation furnished under it is intended to neither express or imply any warranty that the operation of the software will be error‐free nor cause undesirable results on files that it is ran against. Under no circumstances shall GoEngineer be liable to any user for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages, arising from or relating to this agreement, the software, or users use or misuse of the software or any other services provided by GoEngineer. Such limitation of liability shall apply whether the damages arise from the use or misuse of the software or any other services supplied by GoEngineer (including such damages incurred by third parties), or errors of the software. Use of the software/macro/customization constitutes acceptance to this agreement.