This macro can be used to batch convert SOLIDWORKS models and drawings to another file format. You can specify different file types for models and drawings and optionally append ‘Revision’ custom property to converted filename.
- Place the GoConvertFiles.swp file to any location you desire.
- You can edit the macro for code review from within SOLIDWORKS by selecting Tools> Macro>Edit. Browse to the location where you placed the macro file.
1. With a SOLIDWORKS open, select Tools>Macro>Run.
2. In the “Open” dialog box make sure the macro type is set as highlighted below
3. Browse to the location where you placed the macro file and open it.
4. The “Filter files matching” textbox can be used to only convert files with filenames that match the text. You can use “*” as a wild card. The default value is “*.sld*” which will convert all SOLIDWORKS files.
5. Specify the file type to convert models and drawings to.
6. Check the box “Append Revision to Filename“ if you want to append the revision custom property to the filename. The custom property must be named “Revision” or you can edit the macro to change the custom property used to retrieve the revision value.
7. Check the box “Convert References“ if you want to convert reference files that are not located in the same folder that the macro is processing.
8. Specify the folder to open and save the files to. Either manually enter in a directory path or click the “…” button to browse for a folder. Browings for the “Open in Folder” will automatically update the “Save to Folder” to match.
9. Click the “Convert” button to convert the files or “Cancel” to exit the macro without converting any files.
The software/macro/customization is supplied “as is” and all use is at your own risk. GoEngineer disclaims all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to the features and functionality. Neither this agreement nor any documentation furnished under it is intended to neither express or imply any warranty that the operation of the software will be error‐free nor cause undesirable results on files that it is ran against. Under no circumstances shall GoEngineer be liable to any user for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages, arising from or relating to this agreement, the software, or users use or misuse of the software or any other services provided by GoEngineer. Such limitation of liability shall apply whether the damages arise from the use or misuse of the software or any other services supplied by GoEngineer (including such damages incurred by third parties), or errors of the software. Use of the software/macro/customization constitutes acceptance to this agreement.