This macro can be used to copy the existing value of a Custom Properties to a new or existing Custom Property in the same file. The macro can be run on SOLIDWORKS parts, assemblies and drawings in a specified folder.
- Place the GoPropertyMapping.swp file to any location you desire.
- You can edit the macro for code review from within SOLIDWORKS by selecting Tools> Macro>Edit. Browse to the location where you placed the GoPropertyMapping.swp file.
- With a SOLIDWORKS Part file open and a 3D skecth selected or in editing mode, select Tools>Macro>Run.
- In the “Open” dialog box make sure the macro type is set as highlighted below
- Browse to the location where you placed the GoPropertyMapping.swp file and open it.
- Enter the Custom Property names you wish to copy to a new or existing custom property. After entering the propety names in the ‘From’ and ‘To’ textboxes, select ‘Add’ to add them to the property mapping list.
- You can delete a property mapping entry by selecting either a property in the ‘From’ list or the ‘To’ list and clicking ‘Delete’.
- Click ‘Browse’ to select a folder containing SOLIDWORKS files to process. This will copy the custom properties in all SOLIDWORKS documents that are saved in the folder.
- Click ‘Go’ to process the files in the folder or ‘Cancel’ to close the macro.
The software/macro/customization is supplied “as is” and all use is at your own risk. GoEngineer disclaims all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to the features and functionality. Neither this agreement nor any documentation furnished under it is intended to neither express or imply any warranty that the operation of the software will be error‐free nor cause undesirable results on files that it is ran against. Under no circumstances shall GoEngineer be liable to any user for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages, arising from or relating to this agreement, the software, or users use or misuse of the software or any other services provided by GoEngineer. Such limitation of liability shall apply whether the damages arise from the use or misuse of the software or any other services supplied by GoEngineer (including such damages incurred by third parties), or errors of the software. Use of the software/macro/customization constitutes acceptance to this agreement.