Manufacturing Applications Engineer
Develop solutions to technical issues in the field of Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, and Additive Manufacturing. Serve as a Technical Product Specialist for SolidWorks Design Validation tools and software and Stratasys 3D-Printers, applications and materials. Create technical content for company’s Knowledge Base and social media platforms to help customers solve everyday problems. Work on multiple projects cross-linking 3D-Printing and SolidWorks Simulation. Manufacture benchmark parts and tooling solutions for potential Rapid Prototyping customers. Evaluate of new products in topology optimization. Instruct/educate clients on SolidWorks Flow Simulation, Plastics, Structural Simulation and Insight. Serve as technical lead during product demonstrations with Sales Managers to potential customers. This position requires 10% – 20% national travel.
Bachelor’s degree Mechanical Engineering, or a related field, or foreign equivalent and three (3) years of related mechanical engineering experience. In the alternative, we will accept a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field, or foreign equivalent and 1 year of related mechanical engineering experience.
This position also requires:
- Academic or work experience in 3D printing.
- Academic or work experience in Topology Optimization.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Experience with Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer and analyzing the appropriate physics to the behavior of Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Experience analyzing the impact of temperature, pressure, and density of liquids in simulating an injection molding process.
- Experience analyzing the response of structures to vibrations caused by earthquakes and different types of motors.
- Experience with behavior of materials and effective simulation of that behavior using different material models during FEA analysis.
- Academic or work experience analyzing and comparing Additive Manufacturing and Traditional Manufacturing approaches.
Any applicant who is interested in this position may apply at: http://www.goengineer.com/goengineer-hiring/