F900™ 3D Printer
The ultimate 3D production system
The F900 is the most powerful Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) System. It’s remarkably agile, accurate and cost-effective. Two big advantages: all the material options of the Fortus line of 3D Production Systems, and a massive build envelope. Its only competition is the old way of doing things.
Read the Press Release: Stratasys Advancing Additive Manufacturing Into Mainstream With New Solutions for Factory Floor
The Stratasys F900™ 3D Printer is the most precise and powerful FDM system available. With the largest build size of any Fortus® system, the Stratasys F900 is designed to handle the most demanding manufacturing needs.
The Stratasys F900 uses engineering-grade thermoplastics to build robust production parts, jigs, fixtures, factory tooling and functional prototypes. Large parts are printed fast with the standard, large T40A tip to help meet production demands with ease.
The Stratasys F900 offers a streamlined workflow and easier job monitoring with an internal camera, GrabCAD Print™ software and MTConnect readiness.
Most VERSATILE, RELIABLE, ACCURATE AND PROVEN 3D manufacturing system:
- 14 industrial-grade materials
- Wide range of print resolutions (0.005″ up to 0.020″)
- Stratasys’ largest FDM print area (commercially available)
DATA DRIVEN – connectivity and visibility
- Live data analytics – MTConnect-ready
- Accessible, informative, and easy-to-read Job Reports
RISK REDUCING FEATURES
- Tamper resistant files (Confidential Flag) – locked CMB files
- Moisture management and monitoring – dew point monitor and powerful airflow dryer
- Production monitoring – internal camera
The Fortus 900 builds parts in fourteen production-grade engineering thermoplastics:
- ABS-ESD7 for static dissipation
- ABSi for translucence
- ABS-M30 for great tensile, impact and flexural strength and environmental stability
- ABS-M30i for biocompatibility
- ASA in 10 colors for great mechanical strength, UV stability and the best aesthetics
- FDM Nylon 12 for maximum toughness
- PC for superior mechanical properties and heat resistance
- PC-ABS for the highest impact strength, plus the mechanical properties and heat resistance of PC and the surface appeal of ABS
- PC-ISO for biocompatibility and superior strength
- PPSF for highest heat and chemical resistance
- ULTEM 1010 for the highest heat resistance, chemical resistance and tensile strength of any FDM thermoplastic, meets ISO 10993 and USP Class VI for biocompatibility, and also meets NSF51 for food contact
- ULTEM 9085 for best mix of mechanical, chemical and thermal properties, is V0 rated and is an FAA certified material for flame, smoke, and toxicity
- NEW! FDM Nylon 12™
- NEW! FDM Nylon 6™
- NEW! ST-130™
- NEW! FDM Nylon 12CF™
More Stratasys Production Series Systems
Largest FDM parts in 14 materials
Direct Digital Manufacturing
Direct Digital Manufacturing
Build industrial-scale parts and mixed trays
The world’s most versatile multi-material 3D printer.
J750 & J735
The world’s only full-color multi-material 3D printers
Fortus 900 Product Specs
36 x 24 x 36 in.
Two bays each for material and support canisters
10/100 base T connection; Ethernet protocol)
CE, NRTL Listed
Parts are produced within an accuracy of ± .0035 in.
2772 x 1683 x 2027 mm (109.1 x 66.3 x 78.1 in); 2869 kg (6325 lbs.). With Manufacturing Light Tower: 2772 x 1683 x 2281 mm (109.1 x 66.3 x 89.8 in.)
Powerful Dryer and Dew Point Monitor
Moisture in materials leads to:
- poor surface quality
- failed builds
Powerful internal dryer reduces risk of moisture in materials
- 5X more airflow than the Fortus 900mc Gen 2 system
- Airflow in the filament tube is increased to maintain dryness of the filament while loaded in the system
- Dew point monitor
- Immediately provides touchscreen warnings if dew point exceeds set levels
- Verifies the dew point within the filament tube
- Provides dew point reading via MTConnect
Insight software prepares your CAD program’s STL output for 3D manufacturing on a Fortus machine by automatically slicing and generating support structures and material extrusion paths. For maximum control, users can manually edit parameters that determine the look, strength and precision of parts as well as the speed and material use of the FDM process.
With Insight, you can:
- Optimize build orientation for maximum strength and smoothest surface finish
- Customize supports for fast, easy removal and best use of materials
- Program pauses into the build for any reason, such as to embed hardware or circuitry
- Manipulate tool paths for advanced control over part properties
Included with Insight is Control Center. This sophisticated software application communicates with user workstations and Fortus systems, to manage jobs and monitor production status. Design, engineering and manufacturing teams can network and share 3D manufacturing capacity to maximize efficiency and throughput.
*Compatible with GrabCAD Print for use with job reports, scheduling and remote monitoring.
Q: Can I upgrade my current Fortus 900 to the F900 version?
A: Yes, hardware and software upgrade are available. The upgrade will work on both GEN 1 and GEN 2 systems. However, GEN 1 systems will not gain the features on the GEN 2 such as the camera or certifications.
Q: Do I have to use the GrabCAD Print Software?
A: No, Insight is included with the package and can be used.
Q: Can I record video of my prints with the new camera?
A: No, the camera only takes still shots and does not collect the images, only shows the most recent picture.
Q: Are different material option part numbers required with the new system?
A: No, all the current Fortus 900mc part numbers remain the same for F900.
Q: Is there an option needed to achieve UL equivalency?
A: No, the NRTL listing included as standard on the system is a UL equivalency. Stratasys used TUB as the NRTL applying the label.
Q: What is the electrical power input needed for the system?
A: Electrical Power: 230VAC 3 phase, 50/60 Hz : (same power as previous system, transformers required dependent on customers’ available power.)