Direct Digital Manufacturing
Take designs from virtual to real in hours, not weeks. From functional prototypes with exacting tolerances, to manufacturing tools that perform under pressure, the Fortus 450mc 3D production system sets a high bar for speed, performance and accuracy.
Build parts as large as 16 x 14 x 16 in. The Fortus 450mc works with 9 standard, engineering and high-performance thermoplastics.
High-Performance FDM Systems
The 450mc 3D production system lets you build accurate, repeatable parts faster than ever before. Produce jigs, fixtures, factory tooling and production parts, as well as functional prototypes to withstand stringent testing. With four layer thicknesses to choose from, you can strike the right balance between strength, detail, and FDM’s fastest build time.
For maximum time savings, Fortus 450mc builds complex parts faster than its predecessors. It features an all-new touchscreen interface for straightforward operation and maintenance.
The Fortus 450mc works with these production-grade thermoplastics:
- ABS-M30 in six colors for great tensile, impact and flexural strength
- ABS-M30i for biocompatibility
- ABS-ESD7 for static dissipation
- ASA for UV stability and the best aesthetics
- PC-ISO for biocompatibility and superior strengt
- PC for superior mechanical properties and heat resistance
- FDM Nylon 12 for maximum toughness
- ULTEM 9085 for best mix of mechanical, chemical and thermal properties, is V0 rated and is an FAA certified material for flame, smoke, and toxicity
More Stratasys FDM Printers
Largest FDM parts in 14 materials.
Direct Digital Manufacturing.
Team Player. Smarter Ptototyping. More Efficiency.
Newly released! This series excels at all stages of the design prototyping process, from draft-concept iterations – to complex design verification – to high-quality functional prototypes.
Fortus 450mc Specs
51 x 35.5 x 78.1 in./with crate: 1,500 lbs., without crate: 1,325 lbs.
208 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 3 phase, 18A/phase
10/100 base T connection; Ethernet protocol
Build Envelope Options:
16 x 14 x 16 in.
Material Delivery Options:
Two bays each for material and support canisters.
Parts are produced within an accuracy of ± .005 in.
CE, FCC, EAC
Insight Software, GrabCAD Print
Insight software prepares your CAD program’s STL output for 3D manufacturing on a Fortus machine by automatically slicing and generating support structures and material extrusion paths. For maximum control, users can manually edit parameters that determine the look, strength and precision of parts as well as the speed and material use of the FDM process.
With Insight, you can:
- Optimize build orientation for maximum strength and smoothest surface finish
- Customize supports for fast, easy removal and best use of materials
- Program pauses into the build for any reason, such as to embed hardware or circuitry
- Manipulate tool paths for advanced control over part properties
Included with Insight is Control Center. This sophisticated software application communicates with user workstations and Fortus systems, to manage jobs and monitor production status. Design, engineering and manufacturing teams can network and share 3D manufacturing capacity to maximize efficiency and throughput.