NVIDIA GRID VCA
The NVIDIA GRID™ Visual Computing Appliance (VCA) is the only platform certified and supported by Dassault Systems to virtualize and remotely deliver SolidWorks over the network.
As of Oct. 31st, 2014 the GRID VCA product has been removed from commercial availability and remains an internal NVIDIA R & D project. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advantages of GRID VCA for SolidWorks
VCA is a powerful GPU-based appliance that can be centrally located and accessed via the company network. GPU acceleration gives users working locally or remotely, including notebooks or mobile devices, the same SolidWorks experience they would get from a dedicated high performance desk-side workstation. It’s a powerful tool for small and medium-size businesses looking to provide their workforce with workstation-class performance anywhere, anytime – without the IT complexity of commercial virtualization solutions.
- A turnkey SolidWorks remote graphics platform: Each installation supports up to 8 SolidWorks designers concurrently. Each designer has a powerful graphics workspace powered by a Quadro K5000-class GPU.
- High performance Quadro professional graphics: Each designer is delivered a high performance personal Workspace, capable of managing all SolidWorks design modes, including large assemblies, RealView and more.
- Certified for SolidWorks 2014: The GRID VCA is the only remote computing platform to be tested, certified and fully supported by SolidWorks.
- Improved Security: Valuable SolidWorks data files and the GRID VCA are both co-located in a secure central location. Only the SolidWo rks user interface is streamed to the user. Intellectual property and important data never leave the company.
- Use SolidWorks on your favorite system; Mac, Windows or Linux: Designers get high-end workstation-class performance on the system of their choice. They can work with SolidWorks on Mac, Linux, and even on entry-level Windows PCs.
- Simple to maintain and manage: The GRID VCA simplifies management of SolidWorks workstations. Instead of managing 8 individual workstations, the IT manager maintains one appliance delivering up to 8 concurrent sessions of SolidWorks.
The Grid VCA Configuration
- Eight Quadro K5000-class GPUs
- Two Xeon processors with eight cores each (16 physical cores)
- 256 GB of system memory
- Two ten GigE and two 1GigE NICs