Create and investigate structurally efficient concepts quickly and easily. Inspire generates a new material layout within a package space using the loads as an input. The software is easy to learn and works with existing CAD tools to help design structural parts right the first time, reducing costs, development time, material consumption, and product weight.
Altair Inspire enables design engineers, product designers, and architects to create and investigate structurally efficient concepts quickly and easily. Traditional structural simulations allow engineers to check if a design will support the required loads. Inspire enhances this process by generating a new material layout within a package space using the loads as an input. The software is easy to learn and works with existing CAD tools to help design structural parts right the first time, reducing costs, development time, material consumption, and product weight.
Enabling Simulation-Driven Design
The industry’s most powerful and intuitive simulation solution for design engineers to create and investigate structurally efficient and manufacturable concepts quickly and easily.
The new feature-packed release of Altair Inspire 2018 introduces many groundbreaking new features including the ability to:
- Easily generate dynamic motion of complex mechanisms, automatically identifying contacts, joints, springs and dampers. Forces obtained from a motion analysis are automatically applied as inputs to a structural analysis and optimization, or can be used to determine initial requirements for motors and actuators.
- Generate optimized lattice and mixed solid – lattice structures, visualize simulation results in 3D, and export lattice designs in a .stl file format for 3D printing.
- View and interactively assign loads to load cases and import / export design loads in .csv file format with the new Load Cases Table.
- Design for additive manufacturing with overhang shape controls to help reduce overhangs to create more self-supporting structures.
- Automatically optimize the fit of PolyNURBS CAD geometry to generative design results with the new PolyNURBS Fit Tool.
Also check out:
Inspire 2019.4 (Structures)
- SimSolid Analysis: You can now use SimSolid as your solver when running a structural analysis in Inspire. This gives you the ability to edit geometry, which was not possible in the standalone version of SimSolid, as well as yielding significantly faster results when running an analysis in Inspire.
- Cylindrical Coordinate Systems: You can now create cylindrical coordinate systems from the Systems tool micro dialog.
- Displacement Component Results in Local Systems: Displacement components can now be reviewed in local systems using the Animation toolbar.
- Toolbelts: Four toolbelts have been added to help you quickly access the tools you need for geometry, structures, motion, and PolyNURBS.
- Downloadable Offline Help: You can now download and install an offline help package.
Inspire 2019.4 (Motion)
- Plot Manager: A new Plot Manager is now available which makes it easy for you to manually browse and plot motion results data, create cross plots (i.e. data vs. data), define pages in different layouts, and save the plots you’ve defined as a template for reuse.
- Analytical Motion Contact for Box Primitives: If motion contact sets contain parts that are detected as box primitives, the solution between the box and other analytical shapes (sphere, cylinder, and frustum) will now be analytical rather than mesh-based.
- Force Computation Option for Motion Contacts: Motion contacts now have a Force Computed at option available from the guide bar options menu, micro dialog, table, and Property Editor.
Inspire Form 2019.4 (Feasibility)
- Geometry cleanup tools to remove edge fillets on surfaces and stitch multiple surfaces.
- Springback analysis followed by Feasibility to predict springback modes at the early part design stage.
Inspire Form 2019.4 (Tryout)
- Transfer and locate the blanks from one stage to another as physical progressive and transfer die forming process.
- Ability to define constraints on blank edges, surfaces vertex and nodes to model locating pins, carriers, webs, etc…
- Support STL and FE mesh representation for tools within the exiting model setup workflow without compromising the user experience.
- Tracing functionality added in the Analysis explorer to facilitate the following stamping use case
- Blank shape/Trim line prediction
- Tracing of a point or line of blank on the tool face to understand material deformation/flow.
- Measure Draw-in of the blank edges on the tool face.
- Spotting of the tool edges on the blank
Inspire Extrude Metal 2019.4
- Automatic Process Parameters Optimization: This uses the computational module of HX-Process together with model setup data to compute the optimal process parameters.
- Heat Transfer Boundary Data: Users can modify the default heat transfer conditions applied to the model.
- Loads in Relief Area: Improvements are made to tool deflection analysis to not write loads after the bearing contact region.
- Weld Strength Results: Improvements are made in post-processing to present weld strength results in qualitative format.
Inspire Extrude Polymer 2019.4
- Calibration Analysis: A new ribbon has been added to Inspire Extrude for calibration analysis. This analysis is used to model the cooling and shape correction of extruded polymer profiles with calibration dies. Inspire Extrude provides a simple workflow to setup and perform this analysis in few mouse clicks.
Altair Inspire Cast 2019.4 includes 3 new key capabilities
- Investment casting process update: Investment casting process has been updated, now, the shell mold is accurately and automatically created based on the material and the thickness defined by the user. This will increase the accuracy of the heat dissipation and temperature evolution in the part.
- Cooling line activation and deactivation: Inspire Cast now supports activation and deactivation of cooling lines to simulate controlled refrigeration machines. You can identify the coolant flow rate, delay the start time, and specify an end time for cooling.
- Updated mesh algorithm: The meshing and solver contact algorithm has been updated, making the mesh even more robust and creating good quality meshes even when contacts between parts is not guaranteed. Meshing problems are over.
True “Design for Additive Mfg”
- Design & Manufacture parts previously impossible to create
Engineer Defines boundary information, not shape
- Create Critical Geometry and Design Spaces
- Input supports, forces, pressures, accelerations, Thermal loads
Software Outputs load paths
- Eliminates “first guess” step in design process
- Design faster, Smarter, & lighter
Optimize for various characteristics
- Max Stiffness
- Target Mass
- Resonant Frequencies
- Wall thickness
Shape Controls for manufacturing Purposes
- Organic (3D Printing)
- Single- or Double-draw molding