Create and investigate structurally efficient concepts quickly and easily. Inspire generates a new material layout within a package space using the loads as an input. The software is easy to learn and works with existing CAD tools to help design structural parts right the first time, reducing costs, development time, material consumption, and product weight.
Altair Inspire enables design engineers, product designers, and architects to create and investigate structurally efficient concepts quickly and easily. Traditional structural simulations allow engineers to check if a design will support the required loads. Inspire enhances this process by generating a new material layout within a package space using the loads as an input. The software is easy to learn and works with existing CAD tools to help design structural parts right the first time, reducing costs, development time, material consumption, and product weight.
Enabling Simulation-Driven Design
The industry’s most powerful and intuitive simulation solution for design engineers to create and investigate structurally efficient and manufacturable concepts quickly and easily.
The new feature-packed release of Altair Inspire 2018 introduces many groundbreaking new features including the ability to:
- Easily generate dynamic motion of complex mechanisms, automatically identifying contacts, joints, springs and dampers. Forces obtained from a motion analysis are automatically applied as inputs to a structural analysis and optimization, or can be used to determine initial requirements for motors and actuators.
- Generate optimized lattice and mixed solid – lattice structures, visualize simulation results in 3D, and export lattice designs in a .stl file format for 3D printing.
- View and interactively assign loads to load cases and import / export design loads in .csv file format with the new Load Cases Table.
- Design for additive manufacturing with overhang shape controls to help reduce overhangs to create more self-supporting structures.
- Automatically optimize the fit of PolyNURBS CAD geometry to generative design results with the new PolyNURBS Fit Tool.
Also check out:
True “Design for Additive Mfg”
- Design & Manufacture parts previously impossible to create
Engineer Defines boundary information, not shape
- Create Critical Geometry and Design Spaces
- Input supports, forces, pressures, accelerations, Thermal loads
Software Outputs load paths
- Eliminates “first guess” step in design process
- Design faster, Smarter, & lighter
Optimize for various characteristics
- Max Stiffness
- Target Mass
- Resonant Frequencies
- Wall thickness
Shape Controls for manufacturing Purposes
- Organic (3D Printing)
- Single- or Double-draw molding