- SolidWorks Electrical 2D Design
SolidWorks Electrical greatly simplifies 2D and 3D electrical schematic and design creation by providing an intuitive interface that gives you faster results.
Choose a solution that's right for you
- SolidWorks Electrical: 2D dynamic electrical schematic creation.
- SolidWorks Electrical 3D: Use your schematic data to model your electrical system in 3D (including cables and wires).
- SolidWorks Electrical Professional: SolidWorks Electrical and SolidWorks Electrical 3D combined for creating both electrical schematics and 3D models.
Modernize your Electrical System Design
Increasingly products have embedded electrical content, including power systems, user controls, complex wiring, and harnesses. SolidWorks® Electrical simplifies electrical system design with its intelligent design tools, with a comprehensive parts database, and real-time integration of your 2D schematics and 3D models.
Generate great designs faster
- Easier reuse of existing designs.
- Enable multi-users to work on a project to add resources when needed.
- Flexible schematic tools for fast electrical design are needed.
- Automation tools to streamline complex electrical design tasks.
- Ensure superior product performance through refined design.
Reduce Manufacturing Defects and Scrap
- Coordinated BOM - including MCAD and ECAD.
- Plan exact cable/wire/harness paths.
- Determine planning of cable/wire lengths.
- Ensure electrical items will fit in 3D long before production.
- Plan the entire product early before any parts are made.
Reduce Overall Costs
- Avoid redesign costs by coordinating mechanical and electrical groups
- Understand full BOM cost early – using one BOM.
- Ensure MCAD and ECAD design changes are synchronized.
- Incomplete specification of electrical details.
- Prevent redesign costs through collaboration.
Generate single-line or multi-line 2D schematics with ease
Dynamic context-sensitive user interface provides only the commands that make sense based on where you are in the design process so you can focus on design
Energize your 2D electrical & control system design
SolidWorks Electrical accelerates electrical system design with efficient schematic design capabilities that simplify your process. Multiple users can work together to generate complex single-line or multi-line schematics and automate wiring of PLCs and terminal strips. You can easily reuse portions of existing circuits in new designs to speed development and maintain consistency.
- Comprehensive integrated library of nearly 500,000 electrical parts makes part selection easy and speeds schematic creation
- Integrated single-line and multi-line schematic planning tools
- Dynamic context-sensitive user interface provides only the commands that make sense based on where you are in the design process so you can focus on design
- SQL database architecture enables multiple users to work on projects concurrently
- Copy and paste circuits to reuse designs across projects
- Direct import of existing DWG™ and DXF™ symbols with existing
attributes and connections
- 4,000+ symbols for use in electrical schematics and system layouts
- Circuit symbol creation wizard to easily prepare custom 2D schematic symbols
- Customizable symbol and macros palettes for the most frequently used symbols and saved circuits
- Fully automated generation of PLC schematic, terminal strip drawing, and support documents
- Generate DWG, DXF, and PDF documents for projects, with extensive archive capabilities
- Integration with SolidWorks Enterprise PDM to manage documents, generate reports, and create PDF and DWG exports (SolidWorks Enterprise PDM sold separately)
- Localization of product interface and documentation in seven languages
- Complete library managers for symbols, footprints, title blocks, macros, cables, and part references, including customizable ERP connectivity for standard parts
Share 2D schematic parts lists and
connection information in real time
to simplify implementation and increase collaboration between electrical and mechanical design
"Integrating electrical and control systems into our mining equipment is a challenge. SolidWorks electrical products target our type of design tasks"
— KYLE STRONG, PMP, Project Manager, Getman Corporation
Take your electrical schematics to the next dimension
SolidWorks Electrical 3D Software*
SolidWorks Electrical 3D enables you to use your schematic data from SolidWorks Electrical with your overall mechanical design, opening up a new level of productivity. Concurrent design between electrical and mechanical teams can now be a reality—in real time. You can collaborate easily and naturally, optimize the overall product design, and streamline development.
Key capabilities include:
- Real-time bi-directional updates between 2D and 3D synchronize electromechanical design so everything stays coordinated throughout development
- Integration of the 2D schematic with the 3D model helps standardize designs and unify your BOMs to reduce mistakes and delays
- Placement of the electrical system and cables/wires in your 3D model enables planning of specific locations and paths for consistent product manufacturing
SolidWorks Electrical Professional Software*
Combine both 2D schematic creation and 3D electrical system modeling. Including electrical information from the schematic in the 3D model enables detailed planning, documentation, and visualization of overall product design, helping to ensure consistent assembly from unit to unit.
Key capabilities include:
- SolidWorks Electrical and SolidWorks Electrical 3D in one convenient package
- Single installation and licensing step
*Requires SolidWorks CAD software (sold separately)