Nine materials in a system tailored to your needs
Conquer advanced 3D printing applications. The Fortus 400mc raises the ceiling on competitive advantages to be gained from additive manufacturing. Nine production-grade engineering thermoplastics mean this system can handle a growing list of demanding applications.
The Fortus 400mc 3D production system produces accurate, durable, repeatable 3D parts with superior throughput. It comes in two configurations: the basic system, which builds parts as large as 355 x 254 x 254 mm (14 x 10 x 10 in.); or an optionally upgraded system, which builds parts as large as 406 x 355 x 406 mm (16 x 14 x 16 in.) and features two material bays for maximum uninterrupted production. The 400mc builds in nine materials, including high-performance thermoplastics for biocompatibility, static dissipation and resistance to heat and chemicals. With four layer thicknesses to choose from, you can fine-tune your desired balance between FDM’s finest possible feature detail and the fastest build. Fortus 400mc throughput is twice that of the Fortus 250mc.
The Fortus 400mc builds parts in nine production-grade engineering thermoplastics:
- ABS-ESD7 for static dissipation
- ABSi for translucence
- ABS-M30 for great tensile, impact and flexural strength, and environmental stability
- ABS-M30i for biocompatibility
- PC for superior mechanical properties and heat resistance
- PC-ABS for the highest impact strength, plus the mechanical properties and heat resistance of PC and the surface appeal of ABS
- PC-ISO for biocompatibility and superior strength
- PPSF for highest heat and chemical resistance
- ULTEM 9085 for best mix of mechanical, chemical and thermal properties
More Stratasys Production Series Systems
Fortus 400mc Product Specs
1281 x 896 x 1962 mm (50.5 x 35.5 x 77.3 in.)/with crate: 786 kg (1,511 lbs.), without crate: 593 kg (1,309 lbs.)
Special Facility Requirements:
Build Envelope Options:
Material Delivery Options:
Parts are produced within an accuracy of ± .127 mm (± .005 in.) or ± .0015 mm/mm (± .0015 in/in), whichever is greater. (Accuracy is geometry dependent. Achievable accuracy specification derived from statistical data at 95% dimensional yield.)
Soluble for most materials; break-away for PC-ISO, ULTEM and PPSF; soluble or break-away for PC
10/100 base T connection; Ethernet protocol
230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 3 phase, 16A/phase (20 amp dedicated circuit required)
Insight software prepares your CAD program’s STL output for 3D manufacturing on a Fortus machine by automatically slicing and generating support structures and material extrusion paths. For maximum control, users can manually edit parameters that determine the look, strength and precision of parts as well as the speed and material use of the FDM process.
With Insight, you can:
- Optimize build orientation for maximum strength and smoothest surface finish
- Customize supports for fast, easy removal and best use of materials
- Program pauses into the build for any reason, such as to embed hardware or circuitry
- Manipulate tool paths for advanced control over part properties
Included with Insight is Control Center. This sophisticated software application communicates with user workstations and Fortus systems, to manage jobs and monitor production status. Design, engineering and manufacturing teams can network and share 3D manufacturing capacity to maximize efficiency and throughput.