SMART. EASY. EFFICIENT.
Step into the world of intelligent machining through automation! CAMWorks is an intuitive, simple to use, feature based CAM manufacturing solution. It helps manufacturers increase productivity and profitability and maximize machining efficiency.
2.5 Axis Milling includes automatic roughing, finishing, thread milling, face milling and single point (drilling, boring, reaming, tapping) cycles to machine prismatic features. Machining algorithms use the latest toolpath and gouge protection methods to provide fast, error-free toolpaths.
Feature-based machining – Our patented Automatic Feature Recognition (AFR) recognizes over 20 features, including irregular pockets, taking the drudgery out of the day-to-day programming needs.
Feature recognition, is necessary, but not sufficient for efficient CNC programming. CAMWorks’ ability to associate the best machining strategies with a particular feature using proprietary Technology Database, TechDB™, and recalling them for future programming is the key to reducing programming time by as much as 90% compared to other traditional CAM software.
The integrated CAD/CAM environment provides the full toolpath to solid model associativity to assure that any design changes or configurations get updated with a click of few buttons CAMWorks VoluMill™ then completes the package with the ultra-high performance toolpath generator for rough milling operation ensuring that our users are not only programming smarter, but machining faster as well!
The standard 2.5 Axis module comes with 4th and 5th axis pre-positioning capability and assembly mode* machining providing users with the best in class CNC programming solutions for the users.
Experience the fastest programming strategies using 3 Axis Milling
3 Axis Milling modules is built on the core fundamentals of :
- Feature-based machining – Reduces programming time by as much as 90% compared to other traditional 3 axis CAM software.
- Knowledge-based machining – Allows you to capture and reuse the best practices for various operations
- Full toolpath associativity to solid models – Automatically updates the tools paths and CAM data
- CAMWorks VoluMill™ – the ultra-high performance toolpath generator for rough milling operations
While CAMWorks 3 Axis cycles are developed for speed, accuracy and efficient memory usage, it also ensures that simple and complex parts can be cut quickly and accurately with a high quality toolpath.
Some of the machining features include:
- Adaptive roughing strategy provides the ability to cut using the full depth of the tool and safely run your machine at optimum speed. This can reduce machining time up to 40% over conventional roughing with less wear.
- 3 Axis finishing operations include parallel slice cut, constant stepover, Z-level, curve project, and others
- Z Level/Constant stopover combination operation can be used for machining steep and shallower slope areas in one toolpath.
- All 3 Axis milling operations support rest or leftover machining. Rest machining is used to reduce air cutting by restricting toolpaths to areas within the feature that have not been machined previously.
- The curve project cycle removes material by projecting 2.5 Axis engrave or curve features on the 3 Axis feature. CAMWorks can calculate a single pass or multiple passes for engraving.
- Provide the ability to generate toolpaths as separate threads and in separate processes. Multiple toolpaths will generate simultaneously and at the same time the user can continue working in other areas or on other CAM models.
CAMWorks Multiaxis Machining software for programming multi-axis CNC machines allows a wide variety of shops and manufacturing facilities to take advantage of 4/5 Axis machines that provide greater productivity, equipment flexibility and quality. Choose the Multiaxis module for your requirements:
- 3 Axis Mill with undercutting – For 3 axis machining requiring undercutting.
- 4 Axis Mill – For up to 4 axis simultaneous machining
- 5 Axis Mill – For up to 5 axis simultaneous machining
*All Multiaxis modules include 2.5 Axis Mill and 3 Axis Mill.
Machine Complex Parts
CAMWorks 4/5 Axis simultaneous machining programming software allows the user to create toolpaths across complex shapes that could not be machined on 3 Axis machines. This includes high-performance automotive port finishing, impellers, turbine blades, cutting tools, 5 Axis trimming, and undercut machining in mold and die making. CAMWorks 4 Axis simultaneous machining is designed for complex rotary applications such as camshafts, extrusion screws and blades.
Reduce Cycle Time – Improve Surface Finish – Extend Tool Life
- Shorter cutting tools can be used since the tool can be tilted to adjust the angle between the cutter and the part. The increased rigidity of shorter tools allows you to take advantage of the high-speed options in CAMWorks to machine at higher speeds with no loss in accuracy. The result is better surface quality and reduced finishing time.
- Generating 5 Axis swarf toolpaths instead of traditional 3 Axis toolpaths can result in fewer cut passes and improved surface finish.
- By optimizing the angle between the tool and the surface, it is possible to achieve a constant chip load and a high feedrate at the contact point. The result is improved surface finish and extended tool life.
- Parts that previously required multiple setups can be machined in a single setup with simultaneous control of the rotary axis. In addition to saving time, this also cuts down on mistakes that might be made during multiple setups.
CAMWorks Multiaxis Machining provides a powerful set of features and cutting strategies to meet the machining requirements of diverse applications.
CAMWorks Mill-Turn (Live-C) Machining
CAMWorks Mill-Turn multifunction machining includes milling and turning capabilities for multi-tasking machine centers.
- Supports C, Y and B axis machining at compound angles.
- Supports 5 axis simultaneous machining.
Mill-Turn extends the capabilities of CAMWorks Milling and Turning
- The same Mill and Turn features identified by Automatic Feature Recognition (AFR) and defined using Interactive Feature Recognition (IFR) are supported in Mill-Turn.
- IFR can be used to define 3 Axis features for Y-axis milling and wrapped features for cylindrical features machined by C-axis motion.
- The operations that are generated for features are the same as the operations in CAMWorks 2.5 Axis Milling, 3 Axis Milling and Turning. These include automatic roughing, finishing, thread milling and single point (drilling, boring, reaming, tapping) cycles and all 3 Axis cycles.
Machining cycles are available for C, Y and B axis; machining at compound angles and on the Face, ID and OD of a part.
The following mill tool axis motion is supported:
C-Axis OD (OD Free, Wrapped)
Y-Axis OD (OD Fixed)
Face Milling (Fixed, Free)
CAMWorks 2 and 4 Axis Turning software for programming CNC lathe machines includes automatic roughing, finishing, grooving, threading, cutoff and single point (drilling, boring, reaming and tapping) cycles. CAMWorks, incorporates Machining Intelligence for Automation, a suite of tools that automate Feature Recognition and the generation of toolpaths based on a user-defined technology database.
Automatic and Interactive Feature Recognition
Automatic Feature Recognition (AFR) analyzes the part shape and defines the most common machinable features such as the OD and ID of the part, front face and grooves.
- AFR recognizes features on native solid models or on solid parts imported via IGES, SAT, etc.
- When bar stock is used, AFR generates a cutoff feature on the opposite side of the face feature.
- CAMWorks provides an Interactive Turn Feature wizard for defining features that need to be defined for your facility’s machining requirements, such as custom OD and ID grooves.
Turning for 2 and 4 Axis Lathes
CAMWorks Turning provides fast, error-free cutting using standard inserts for both front and rear turret configurations and toolpath, simulation and post processing support for sub-spindles.