SOLIDWORKS World 2017 is around the corner and with this being the Super Bowl of CAD, you will want to get the most out of this amazing event and location. Whether you stay close and enjoy what’s within walking distance or venture out to explore what LA has to offer – here are some ideas to help you plan your time spent in Los Angeles.
Start local. What’s within walking distance?
As many of you already know, SOLIDWORKS World has an agenda to keep you busy from morning to night. From taking a SOLIDWORKS Certification Exam to attending the General Sessions, Technical Training and more – it wouldn’t surprise me if you preferred to stay close to the LA Convention Center. Check out my list of must-do’s.
Here is a short list of good eats that are close by along with a link to LA Cheap Eats for those on a budget. If transportation is an issue, don’t forget about Uber and Lyft. They are great affordable ways to get around town.
- EJ’s Bites
- The Briks
- Food Haus Cafe
- Pink’s Hot Dogs
- Venture out for some cheap eats, The 17 Hottest LA Cheap Eats
Put on your tourist hat
Los Angeles has so much to offer outside of SOLIDWORKS World. If you want to venture out to enjoy the great weather, discover the history or play the tourist card – take a look at these places.
- Hollywood Sign – It’s a great photo opportunity to prove you made it to LA.
- Museum of Jurassic Technology – Don’t be fooled by the name: this is not some kind of Spielbergian dinosaurland. It’s far more interesting than that.
- Paramount Pictures Studio – Behind the scenes tours available
- Hollywood Boulevard – Hollywood Boulevard is a Los Angeles cultural icon, with museums, landmarks and other attractions that celebrate L.A.’s rich film and entertainment heritage.
- Walk of Fame – The Hollywood Walk of Fame comprises more than 2,500 five-pointed terrazzo and brass stars embedded in the sidewalks.
Extend your stay and take a vacation!
- Disneyland! Who doesn’t want to visit the happiest place on earth? I don’t have to say much more about this magical place.
- Venice Beach and Boardwalk – The World famous Venice Beach Boardwalk is not to be missed. If you are visiting the Los Angeles area, you owe it to yourself to come to Southern California’s number one visitor attraction.
Read more at http://venicebeach.com/the-venice-beach-boardwalk/#Chjdq5EIjWH0hLRT.99
- Griffith Observatory – Look through telescopes, explore exhibits, see live shows in the Samuel Oschin Planetarium, and enjoy spectacular views of Los Angeles and the Hollywood Sign.
What’s on YOUR agenda?
Build Your Agenda is an option for those who have locked in their ticket to SOLIDWORKS World. Starting Sunday, February 5th you can schedule your day to include:
- CAD Managers’ Boot Camp
- Certification Testing
- Welcome Reception/Game Day Party
Day 2 thru 4
Start each day off with breakfast from 6:45-8am and get pumped for General Session at 8:15. I’d suggest you finish breakfast quick and grab a seat up close. Trust me, the energy in that room is awesome!
Must Add – GoEngineer Presentations
Among the GoEngineer technical team presenting at SOLIDWORKS World are Adam Hughes, Elite Engineer and Arunachalam Thiraviam, Simulation Specialist.
Catch these sessions on Tue @ 10:30 “Design for Production with Renegade Wheels” and Wed @ 1:30pm “SOLIDWORKS Plastics Injection Molding Insights”.
Have fun learning, mingling and exploring all that SOLIDWORKS World have to offer!