- Place the FileAnalyzer folder extracted from the FileAnalyzer.zip file to any location you desire.
- You can edit the macro for code review from within SOLIDWORKS by selecting Tools, Macro, Edit. Browse to the location where you placed the FileAnalyzer folder following this path \FileAnalyzer\SwMacro\ and select the FileAnalyzer.vbproj file.
- With a SOLIDWORKS part or assembly open and active select Tools, Macro, Run.
- In the “Open” dialog box make sure the macro type is set as highlighted below
- Browse to the location where you placed the FileAnalyzer folder following this path \FileAnalyzer\SwMacro\bin\ and select the FileAnalyzer.dll file.
- The macro gets all features of a part or assembly and then builds a tree view showing those features. When you expand a node on the tree, you can see what configurations the feature is not suppressed in hence which configurations it is used in.
- If the node is red, then that feature is not used in any configurations so you can clean up your parts or assemblies by removing the un-used features.
- You can double click the feature and it will select it in SOLIDWORKS helping you visualize that feature and locating it.
The software/macro/customization is supplied “as is” and all use is at your own risk. GoEngineer disclaims all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to the features and functionality. Neither this agreement nor any documentation furnished under it is intended to neither express or imply any warranty that the operation of the software will be error‐free nor cause undesirable results on files that it is ran against. Under no circumstances shall GoEngineer be liable to any user for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages, arising from or relating to this agreement, the software, or users use or misuse of the software or any other services provided by GoEngineer. Such limitation of liability shall apply whether the damages arise from the use or misuse of the software or any other services supplied by GoEngineer (including such damages incurred by third parties), or errors of the software. Use of the software/macro/customization constitutes acceptance to this agreement.