Rapidly Locate and Make Sense of Part Details
EXALEAD OnePart helps engineers and designers quickly decide between design creation or design reuse. It’s a business discovery application that accelerates reuse of parts, designs, specifications, test results, and related data for engineering, manufacturing, and procurement.
Designers and engineers regularly make critical decisions that can introduce significant costs into your company. Engineers are designing more and more new parts every day. Why don’t they just find and reuse similar or equivalent parts that already exist inside your company’s legacy data assets? Because searching for parts and related information is very time-consuming and potentially error-prone today.
Without an ultra-efficient tool to rapidly find and compare similar parts hidden inside data sources and silos scattered throughout the company, design engineers simply choose to recreate the part rather than spend unproductive time searching. Although they may not realize it, creating new parts impacts the bottom line. Substantial time and costs are incurred if you need to acquire or produce new parts, leading to more production procedures, quality controls, and inventory into stock.
EXALEAD OnePart is a packaged business discovery application that accelerates reuse of parts, designs, specifications, standards, test results and related data for engineering, manufacturing, and procurement activities. Leveraging the proven Web semantics, analytics, and Big Data management technologies of EXALEAD CloudView, OnePart locates information from multiple sources and makes it available instantly.
Find and Reuse Existing Parts, 2D/3D Designs and Related Documentation
Based on EXALEAD CloudView proven technology, EXALEAD OnePart enables optimized reuse of parts and related documentation, thus accelerating product development and delivery and decreasing design, material, manufacturing, and storage costs.
EXALEAD OnePart helps designers and engineers find a reusable part at the speed of thought so that they can determine whether it is really necessary to create new parts and incur the associated costs. With just a few clicks, users explore legacy parts and related 2D/3D designs, gaining immediate insight into vast amounts of previously hidden data. They can further refine their search using side-by-side comparisons to identify the right part for reuse. When a similar part is discovered, the user can also analyze important related documentation like specifications, testing, validation, and certification material in multiple formats (such as .xls & .pdf) to facilitate optimal reuse and a complete view of the situation.
- Search parts, assemblies, and drawings from most data sources, including CAD providers, from a full-text search bar
- Auto-complete Web search functionality speeds user queries
- Navigation into the parent and children relationships of an assembly to converge on the exact right part
- 3D mechanical feature mining (locating parts based on holes, pads, grooves, and others)
- Side-by-side/Metadata comparisons to quickly highlight the most relevant part for reuse
- Shape Search to find similar parts based on a known reference part
- User-friendly display of charts and graphs with configurable KPIs for rapid analysis
Reuse 2D/3D assets from legacy data immediately, boost ramp-up time for new projects and improve product time-to-market.
Save Time and Money Across the Enterprise
With EXALEAD OnePart, engineers, managers, technicians, and procurement specialists can quickly and easily find and reuse existing parts, product designs and other related information located anywhere inside the organization, even beyond obvious PDM and PLM repositories. The result: optimized reuse of parts, designs and related documentation, thus accelerating product development and delivery and decreasing design, material, manufacturing, and storage costs.
- Reuse 2D/3D assets from legacy data immediately
- Repurpose past designs hidden from view
- Speed ramp-up time for new projects
- Decrease Time-to-Market and Increase Agility
- Leverage past knowledge to enhance products
- Reuse proven and tested designs and parts
- Avoid last-minute design-related issues at launch
- Improve Quality and Decrease Risk
- Avoid creating duplicate designs and parts
- Increase knowledge worker productivity
- Accelerate downstream release processing and logistics
- Decrease redundant inventory and support
- Lower Costs and Free Up Working Capital